1. Create user accounts
In a web browser, sign in to app.fatiguescience.com to create user accounts.
Click your name in the upper right-hand corner and select Manage Users, or Manage Company then the Location you want to add users to.
If you don't invite your users to view their sleep data now, you can always do it later.
Need to create multiple accounts?
Ask your Fatigue Science Account Manager for help, as they have the means to do this by uploading a .csv file containing lots of users.
2. Wake the Readiband
Readibands are shipped in factory sleep mode to preserve their battery. Before you can pair them with your users, you'll need to wake them.
Remove the pod from strap to expose USB connector
Firmly bend the strap away from the pod. Don't worry, they're durable.
Plug the pod into any USB port (e.g. on a computer or phone charger) for a few seconds to wake
The pod can be plugged in screenside up or down. Depending on the USB port you're using, you may need to try both ways.
Swipe to confirm it's awake
The screen should turn on briefly when you swipe down on the pod.
If the screen doesn't turn on
- ensure it's inserted squarely, and all the way into the USB port
- try plugging it in the other way around, as it's possible it may have been inserted wrong side up for your USB connector
Place the pod into a strap
3. Launch the Sync app
If you received an iPad in your shipment, the Sync app will already be downloaded. Tap to launch.
Sign in using the same credentials as app.fatiguescience.com
If you're using your own iPad:
First, find out if your iPad can run the Sync app. If it's compatible, follow the steps below.
- Tap Settings > iTunes & App Stores and log in with an Apple ID.
- Go to Settings > General then set Auto-Lock to Never, Restrictions to Off and disable the Lock/Unlock.
- Go to Settings > General > Date & Time to ensure the Time Zone is configured correctly and Set Automatically is enabled.
- Disable Touch ID & Passcode by going to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.If you don’t already have an Apple ID, visit support.apple.com/apple-id
- Access the App Store and search for Fatigue Science Sync app.
- Tap the app, and tap Get, then tap Install.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID password then wait for the app to install on your iPad.
4. Pair a Readiband with a user account
At the top of your screen, tap Pair Bands to see the list of Readibands.
Readibands that are available to be paired with a user will have a Pair Band To button in their row. Tap that and follow the prompts to choose the user the band is paired to.
Note: Readibands in factory sleep mode won't show up on this list. Make sure the Readiband(s) you'd like to pair are awake.
Trying to pair a band that's been previously paired?
If you're not seeing this Readiband on the list, it might still be paired. Here's how to unpair it.
5. Distribute each paired band to its associated user
The band will start recording sleep data as soon as it’s paired. It’s important that it's distributed and worn by the intended user shortly after pairing.
Include one of the participant inserts to orient your user around this device.