This article is for the Readiband 4 (released 2015-2016)
Doesn't look like the Readiband you have?
What you'll need to get started
1. Create user accounts
In a web browser, sign in to app.fatiguescience.com to create user accounts.
Click your name in the upper right-hand corner and select Manage Users, or Manage Company then the Location you want to add users to.
If you don't invite your users to view their sleep data now, you can always do it later.
2. Wake all Readibands
Readibands are shipped in factory sleep mode to preserve their battery. Before you can pair them with your users, you'll need to wake them.
Fully insert pods into a USB port (e.g. on computer or phone charger) for several seconds until the light flashes.
3. Launch the Sync app
If you received an iPad in your shipment, the Sync app will already be downloaded. Tap to launch.
Sign in using the same credentials as app.fatiguescience.com
If you're using your own iPad:
First, find out if your iPad can run the Sync app. If it's compatible, follow the steps below.
- Tap Settings > iTunes & App Stores and log in with an Apple ID.
- Go to Settings > General then set Auto-Lock to Never, Restrictions to Off and disable the Lock/Unlock.
- Go to Settings > General > Date & Time to ensure the Time Zone is configured correctly and Set Automatically is enabled.
- Disable Touch ID & Passcode by going to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.
If you don’t already have an Apple ID, visit support.apple.com/apple-id
- Access the App Store and search for Fatigue Science Sync app.
- Tap the app, and tap Get, then tap Install.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID password then wait for the app to install on your iPad.
4. Pair each Readiband with a user account
The app will list all the user accounts you've added to your company. Each Readiband needs to be paired with a specific user.
Alternatively, you can use the Unpaired Bands view to find a specific Readiband by serial number and pair it with a user.
5. Distribute each paired band to its associated user
The band will start recording sleep data as soon as it’s paired. It’s important that they’re distributed and worn by the intended user shortly after pairing.
Include one of the participant inserts to orient your users around this device.
Now that you've deployed your Readibands, you're ready to start capturing data.