Syncing station best practices
- Position the iPad in a central location where it can pick up on ReadiBands in the area (i.e. a locker room, cafeteria)
- Keep the iPad plugged in, and keep the Sync app open
- Ensure it has a strong, reliable internet connection
- Secure the iPad to prevent unauthorized use
Setting up an iPad as a sync station
Depending on your deployment, you may have already signed in and used the Sync app. If not, follow the instructions below.
Launch the Sync app
If you received an iPad in your shipment, the Sync app will already be downloaded. Tap to launch.
Sign in using the same credentials as app.fatiguescience.com
If you're using your own iPad
First, find out if your iPad can run the Sync app. If it's compatible, follow the steps below.
- Tap Settings > iTunes & App Stores and log in with an Apple ID.
- Go to Settings > General then set Auto-Lock to Never, Restrictions to Off and disable the Lock/Unlock.
- Go to Settings > General > Date & Time to ensure the Time Zone is configured correctly and Set Automatically is enabled.
- Disable Touch ID & Passcode by going to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode. If you don’t already have an Apple ID, visit support.apple.com/apple-id
- Access the App Store and search for Fatigue Science Sync app.
- Tap the app, and tap Get, then tap Install.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID password then wait for the app to install on your iPad.
Syncing with ReadiBands
Whenever a ReadiBand is within 33' (10m) the Sync app will automatically start capturing sleep data from it. It'll sync with up to 6 ReadiBands at a time.
Make sure you position your syncing station in a central location where your users will gather (i.e. locker room, cafeteria).