Use this deployment method when:
- you weren't able to provide a list of users prior to deployment,
- and your users won't have reliable internet access.
Not the right fit? Check out the other deployment methods.
What you'll need to get started
1. Open the Fatigue Science sign-out sheet on a computer
Get set up for your deployment by launching the sign out sheet on a computer. Your Fatigue Science contact will have sent this to you prior to your shipment.
The details your volunteers provide on this sheet will be used to set up their user accounts.
2. Ask your volunteers to sign out a ReadiBand
In exchange for a ReadiBand, each volunteer needs to type their email address and full name beside the correct ReadiBand serial number on the sign-out sheet.
Confirm the name and email address is spelled correctly before moving onto the next step.
3. Wake the ReadiBand
ReadiBands are shipped in factory sleep mode to preserve their battery. Bands in sleep mode won't record sleep data, so make sure to wake it before handing the band to your user.
Remove the pod from strap to expose USB connector
Firmly bend the strap away from the pod. Don't worry, they're durable.
Plug the pod into any USB port (e.g. on a computer or phone charger) for a few seconds to wake
The pod can be plugged in screenside up or down. Try inserting it both ways, doing so squarely and all the way.
Swipe to confirm it's awake
The screen should turn on briefly when you swipe down on the pod.
If the screen doesn't turn on
- ensure it's inserted squarely, and all the way into the USB port
- try plugging it in the other way around, as it's possible it may have been inserted wrong side up for your USB connector
Place the pod into a strap
4. Hand the ReadiBand to its intended user
The band will start recording sleep data as soon as you wake it from sleep mode.
Confirm the serial number of the band with the volunteer’s information from the sign-out sheet.
Include one of the participant inserts to orient your user around this device.
5. Contact us when all your bands are handed out
Let your Fatigue Science contact know once all the bands have been handed to your users. We’ll trigger an email to your users guiding them to set up their account and Readi.
Now that you've deployed your ReadiBands, you're ready to start capturing data.