Use this deployment method when:
- you prefer to pair your users ReadiBands,
- and your users won't have reliable internet access,
- and/or your users won't have access to their sleep data
Not the right fit? Check out the other deployment methods.
What you'll need to get started
1. Create user accounts
In a web browser, sign in to app.fatiguescience.com to create user accounts.
Click your name in the upper right-hand corner and select Manage Users, or Manage Company then the Location you want to add users to.
TIP: Check Invite users to activate account to invite your users to make an account and view their sleep data.
2. Wake all ReadiBands
ReadiBands are shipped in factory sleep mode to preserve their battery. Before you can pair them with your users, you'll need to wake them.
Remove pods from strap to expose USB connector
Firmly bend the strap away from the pod. Don't worry, they're durable.
Plug the pods into any USB port (e.g. on a computer or phone charger) for a few seconds to wake
The pod can be plugged in screenside up or down. Try inserting it both ways, doing so squarely and all the way.
Swipe to confirm it's awake
The screen should turn on briefly when you swipe down on the pod.
If the screen doesn't turn on
- ensure it's inserted squarely, and all the way into the USB port
- try plugging it in the other way around, as it's possible it may have been inserted wrong side up for your USB connector
Place pods into straps
Firmly press the pod in place.
3. Launch the Sync app
If you received an iPad in your shipment, the Sync app will already be downloaded. Tap to launch.
Sign in using the same credentials as app.fatiguescience.com
If you're using your own iPad:
First, find out if your iPad can run the Sync app. If it's compatible, follow the steps below.
- Tap Settings > iTunes & App Stores and log in with an Apple ID.
- Go to Settings > General then set Auto-Lock to Never, Restrictions to Off and disable the Lock/Unlock.
- Go to Settings > General > Date & Time to ensure the Time Zone is configured correctly and Set Automatically is enabled.
- Disable Touch ID & Passcode by going to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.
If you don’t already have an Apple ID, visit support.apple.com/apple-id
- Access the App Store and search for Fatigue Science Sync app.
- Tap the app, and tap Get, then tap Install.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID password then wait for the app to install on your iPad.
4. Pair each ReadiBand with a user account
The app will list all the user accounts you've added to your company. Each ReadiBand needs to be paired with a specific user.
Alternatively, you can use the Unpaired Bands view to find a specific ReadiBand by serial number and pair it with a user.
5. Distribute each paired band to its associated user
The band will start recording sleep data as soon as it’s paired. It’s important that they’re distributed and worn by the intended user shortly after pairing.
Include one of the participant inserts to orient your users around this device.
Now that you've deployed your ReadiBands, you're ready to start capturing data.